2017: Amelia Jaeger, University of Central Arkansas- Conway
2016: Tiffany Miller, Ozarka College
2015: Brandon Scott, University of Arkansas- Little Rock
2015: Tyler Garrett, University of Arkansas Fayetteville
Emerging Leaders Scholarships
Applications due April 7, 2018.
Do you know of a graduate student or a new professional with an interest in the academic advising profession? Here is your opportunity to nominate them for an ArkAAN Emerging Leader Scholarship. ArkAAN Emerging Leader Scholarships support the development of leaders in academic advising. Scholarships will cover registration for two professional development conferences (1) ArkAAN spring drive-in conference and, (2) the fall 2017 Partners for Student Success Conference (PSSC) or the 2018 NACADA Region 7 Conference. (Applications are accepted in the spring semester.)
1. Applicant must be enrolled in a graduate program of study.
2. If employed in a full-time professional position, applicant must be a new professional within their first two years as a full-time employee.
3. Applicant must be nominated by a current ArkAAN member in good standing. ArkAAN board members may not submit nominations.
4. Applicant must have an interest in academic advising as a profession.
Documents to submit:
1. Letter of interest from the applicant.
a) articulating his/her interest in academic advising
b) expressing his/her interest in, and commitment to, attending the conferences
c) explaining how attendance at the conferences fits into his/her overall leadership development plan for
serving underrepresented populations within the Arkansas academic advising community
2. Letter of recommendation from a current ArkAAN member articulating how the applicant’s participation in the conferences will support providing leadership development to serve underrepresented populations within the Arkansas academic advising community.
Please submit application materials (both letters in one email) to email@example.com by April 7, 2018.